About the house:
What makes ANTA House one of the outstanding places on the island is it’s relatively isolated location very close to a less frequented beach and with beautiful views from each of its windows and verandas. You can sit in your bed and enjoy watching the sea while still being in privacy, as neighbours are not close by.
The villa is a 250m² building build with simple natural materials. The doors and windows are wooden, the floors and bathrooms made of marble and ceramic. The wooden roof is also covered with traditional roof tiles. The furniture is hand made from natural materials. Altogether it has a simple, rustic look and feeling with lots of light.
The garden is kept with water resistant plants and as simple as possible. Thousand year old olive groves are cultivated in the area where one can enjoy beautiful walks under the trees and along the coastline. The settlement is at the edge of tourist development, therefore supermarkets, restaurants and beach bars are at a walking distance.
The Laganas tourist resort with night clubs and shopping area is about 25 minutes walking distance. Overall it’s a place suitable for nature lovers who like waking up and jumping into the sea.
I am a biologist, nature conservationist and councellor. I came to Zakynthos in the 80’s to identify the residing rare monk seal population. I dedicated myself to the establishment of the national marine park of Zakynthos, which was finally created in 1999.
I can offer guests lots of good off-track tips and alternative tourist activities, like guided tours in the national marine park and other areas of the island. I now live in Austria, where I sell Zakynthian olive oil to support a social-environmental project on the island.
My personal favourite thing to do on the island is taking walks and swimming.
About the neighbourhood:
The sea and beach are great for swimming and hanging out. The olive grove is fine for walks and bicycling. There are beach bars and restaurants close by. Places to rent cars, motorcycles and bicycles are also nearby. If one walks for 25 minutes, one can reach the Laganast tourist resort which offers all sorts of activities like bowling, dancing, horse riding, shopping and much more.
The first floor (second floor) is available for renting. It includes the following rooms:
- three bedrooms: eastern room with a double bed and its own bathroom – western room with a double bed plus a single bed – the third and smallest bedroom with two eastern-style beds (no bed frame, specific floor-laid mattresses)
- living room with fireplace
- fully equipped kitchen
- additional common bathroom
- two verandas, one on the front and one on the back side of the villa
- free use of the garden
- The garden consists in a 4000m² Olive grove. The grove’s outer border is fenced off, allowing guests with dogs to let their furry friends run free without the risk of them getting lost.
- For booking cheap flights towards the airport nearest to our location, we recommend http://www.checkfelix.at and http:/www.skyscanner.com
Rental price-table (per night):
(to book or for any question regarding accomodation please contact the owner Anta at 0043 664 505 89 48)
- From the 25th October to early May the house is available for rent for 100 euros per week plus household costs. For the winter season we are also open to service or hospitality exchange.
- We recommend the house also for seminars and workshops.
Tourism License Number: MHTE0428K92000425701
View from the house:
The beach in front of the house: